2015 IDP DB Top 10 Rankings
By Doug Eddy
I apologize for the tardiness of the last of our top 10 IDP lists. Life happens but we are locked and loaded just in time for the season to start! Here are our favorite DB’s of the year. Kanye didn’t even make the list!
- Morgan Burnett, Packers: Burnett has averaged almost eight tackles a game since 2012 with the most of those being of the solo variety.
- Harrison Smith, Vikings: The only knock on Smith is his health. When he is in the game he is EVERYWHERE!
- Reshad Jones, Dolphins: He led all DB’s in fantasy points per game after he served his four game suspension and is a solo tackling machine.
- Eric Weddle, Chargers: Will it be his last year in SD? Who cares! It won’t be his last as a top five DB. He hasn’t missed a game since 2009.
- T.J. McDonald, Rams: Plays a ton of snaps and is great against the run which equals a fantasy win.
- Jonathan Cyprien, Jaguars: Another great run supporting safety and he was second in tackles per game last year.
- Barry Church, Cowboys: Huge tackle numbers behind a subpar defensive line making going to Church on draft day a good idea, amen!
- Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, Packers: Really started to shine at the end of his rookie season and is out to prove Alabama can produce a great NFL safety. Ball hawk who still needs to shore up the run D. Once that’s done it’s a wrap!
- Charles Woodson, Raiders: Woodson had pissed in the face of father time. FACT. First ballot hall of famer who still plays at an elite level. An all time great.
- Deone Buchanan, Cardinals: Young safety on the rise who will start this year and not as an extra linebacker like last year. Enjoy.
Bradley MacDougall, Bucs: Became the starter in Week 13 last year and was sixth in tackles the rest of the way. A full season could place him in the top 10 and you can draft him for free right now!