Week 7 Waiver Wire
By Josh Trotta
Did you win or lose this past week? Well if you went up against Martavis Bryant, Calvin Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, Alshon Jeffrey, Devonte Freeman or Andrew Luck you probably lost. I know I did! So if your like me a loser, then you come into today thinking of how you can improve your roster and pull out that all important W for week 7. Well the waiver wire is the best place to look, especially if no one is willing to trade with you (like in my league where no one will take Dez Bryant off my hands!! I need a RB badly and can’t get any takers). Well we are in luck this week as the waiver wire see’s a new batch of players just waiting to help owners out. This week the Packers, Bengals, Bears and Broncos are all on bye’s. Let’s not waste anymore time and get right to our week 7 waiver wire picks.
We will rank three players at each position in order of who we think you should try and grab first. Look at the position you need the most help in and best of luck getting your player!
- Blake Bortles – Over the last two weeks Bortles has passed for 300+ yards and 3 or more touchdowns in each of those games. He might not be real football good yet but he is turning into a pretty good fantasy plug in for bye week help. This week he gets the Bills at home and we expect him to continue his streak of 300+ passing yards and multiple touchdowns.
- Bryan Hoyer – Got the starting job and isn’t look back! Had another huge game on Saturday and Hopkin’s owners are asking for the same performance out of Hoyer this week at Miami. Had an outstanding game on Sunday vs Jacksonville with another multi touchdown game and only 7 yards short of a 300 yard passing game.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick – He is playing some of the best football of his career and the Jets look like they may be for real. The Fitzpatrick magic continues as it rolls into a highly anticipated game against New England. NE has not been the same this year against the pass as last and teams are scoring good fantasy points against them (Luck had 31). Look for Fitzpatrick to play well and continue his streak of multiple touchdown games.
- James Stark – Out performed and out rushed Eddie Lacy Sunday against the Chargers. Starks had a fantastic game rushing for 112 yards and scoring both a rushing and receiving touchdown. Starks out touched Lacy 10-3 and going into the weekend no one heard anything of Lacy having a setback on his injured ankle. Could this be a one hit wonder or is Lacy hurt worse then we know and we can expect Starks to handle the majority of the touches from here on out. Grab him and wait and see.
- Ronnie Hillman – CJ Anderson isn’t getting it done and after splitting carries with CJ for most of Sunday’s game, Hillman broke off a monster run and the team never looked backed. Hillman looks to be the feature back moving forward just like he was last year before he got hurt and lost the job to Anderson. Manning can’t throw so the box may be stacked but if Manning some how starts to show he can throw again, Hillman could be a season changer for you.
- Christian Michael – Is Michael’s finally going to get a shot? It sure looks like it. The Cowboys who are coming off a a bye and a loss are looking to make big changes to the offense to get a spark. Cassel is the new QB and now it looks like Christian Michael will get a shot to win the starting job in big D.
- Stefon Diggs – Looks like a young Antonio Brown they say! Well that is all we needs to hear, we are sold! Over a small sample size he has been outstanding, hauling in 13 catches on 19 targets for 216 yards. No touchdowns yet but if the production stays the same and the touchdowns start to come, he could be a huge addition to any roster.
- Brandon Lafell – We told you to pick him up last week and we are going to repeat ourselves, GO PICK HIM UP!! The best offense in football is getting it’s big play threat back either this week against the Jets or defiantly next Thursday against Miami. There are not many better options then Lafell on waivers this time of year. Don’t pass up a sure thing!
- Danny Amendola – Yet another Patriot but when you have the best offense in football your fantasy asset’s are valuable. As team’s watch more and more film on the Pats, they are finding new ways to try and take away Edelman and Gronk which is leaving Amendola on the 3rd or when Lafell comes back 4th corner. He has been winning as of late and we only see that increasing as the season goes on.
- Benjamin Watson – Monster game on Thursday and just like it did during the pre-season he looks like Bree’s favorite target in the passing game. Bree’s loves vertical seem routes and Watson is still one of the fastest tight ends in the game. If his role increases look for the numbers of a TE1 to come along with them. We love him in this offense and thought of drafting him. Good thing we didn’t because he you can get him as a waiver and just maybe solidify your TE spot for a playoff run!
- Eric Ebron – Looks like he could be back this week against Minnesota which he scored on all the way back in week 2. Ebron when healthy is a freak athlete and should see one on one coverage all game which he can easily beat. If he is a go, he could be a solid start to help fill in for Bennett, Eifert, Rodgers or Daniels.
- Ladarius Green – Even with Gates return to the lineup he is still seeing the field and getting looks. Green had a beautiful touchdown over Clay Matthews Sunday and that play showed just how gifted an athlete Green is. Not going to see the ball as much as he did when Gates was out but if he can keep finding the endzone he might be able to find your starting lineup.
- Miami – Now that is what we all thought this defense was going to look like when we drafted them! Now we have come full circle. Many and I was one of them, drafted Miami’s defense and then dropped them because they were awful. Now a week removed from their head coach they finally came ready to play and kicked the crap out of Tennessee. Now Houston comes in to town with Hoyer, we could see another good performance from Miami.
- Pittsburgh – They were great against Arizona turning Palmer over multiple times. Maybe it was the west coast team playing on the east coast at 1pm thing but the Steelers looked much faster and in synch then they did earlier in the season. I think with Big Ben coming back, the Stealers defense will be counted on less to win games and can just go out there and gamble for turnovers. Great start this week against KC as well.
- Atlanta – Got there doors blown off against New Orleans last Thursday but there is no better remedy then playing the Tennessee Titans. The Titans are giving up the most fantasy points to defense’s this season. Couple that with a humbled Marcus Mariota with a sprained MCL and this could get out of hand early.
- Josh Lambo – Is playing Oakland this week who is giving up the 3rd most fantasy points to kickers this year. Could be a high scoring game, so look for the Chargers to try and put points on the board anyway they can.
- Chandler Catanzaro – Catanzaro had his first miss of the entire season on Sunday but still was able to put 2 through the uprights. Plays for a high powered offense he should see plenty of opportunties when the Cardinals face the Ravens on Monday night at home. The Ravens are giving up the most fantasy points to kickers in the entire league just an FYI!!
- Phil Dawson – The first 49er we have used this week! Dawson was simple awesome on Sunday, having his best day of this NFL season against, you guessed it Baltimore!! Making 4 of his FG attempts and putting up his best fantasy numbers of the year. The Niners have a tough test Thursday night against Seattle but it’s at home and we feel Dawson will be called upon in a low scoring affair.