Week 5 Waiver Wire
By Josh Trotta
Week 5 brings on a new set of teams on byes. This week the Panthers, Dolphins, Vikings and Jets are all taking a week long vacation. With it comes the need to fill Newton, Landry, Miller, Peterson and Marshall’s spots in your starting lineups. If that is the case or your just looking for the next Devonta Freeman you have come to the right place!
We will rank three players at each position in order of who we think you should try and grab first. Look at the position you need the most help in and best of luck getting your player!
- Sam Bradford – Is starting to look good and has a cake matchup this week at home against NO
- Jay Cutler – If he is there pick him up. Great matchup this week and offense is starting to look better
- Alex Smith – Back to back big fantasy weeks and getting Maclin involved more
- Ronnie Hillman – Could win the starting job in Denver and that is fantasy gold!
- Duke Johnson Jr. – Not an every week player yet but is starting to see the field more and produce
- Darren McFadden – With Dunbar lost for the season his role increases and he is one hit away on Randle from the starting gig in Dallas.
- Eddie Royal – Showed flashes of why so many picked him as their breakout star before the season started. Got into the endzone last week and the matchup this week is just as easy. Should be able to find the endzone again
- Willie Snead – Now the #2 guy in New Orleans in a Drew Brees run offense. It doesn’t get much better then that
- Tavon Austin – Great grab and stash candidate. This week could be tough then the Rams have a bye but after the Bye he gets Cleveland, San Francisco and Chicago at home
- Gary Barnidge – Featured part of the Browns offense and has put up back to back monster games.
- Owen Daniels – If you have Olsen, Rudolph or Cameron he could be a good plug in play guy this week. Up against Oakland who is getting torched by every TE they have faced this year
- Larry Donnell – San Fransisco is a mess and Eli likes to look for him in the redzone
- New York Giants – Playing SF and the pick 6 king Kapernick
- Atlanta Falcons – Playing Washington and Kirk Cousins. He can turn it over at anytime
- Jacksonville – Playing TB and Winston who has thrown more INT’s then touchdowns so far.
- Cairo Santos – You make 7 FG’s in a game you deserve to be the first kicker taken
- Robbie Gould – Best kicker in Chicago history and KC is allowing over 30 points per game.
- Connor Barth – Facing Jacksonville who has given up the most points to Kickers