2017 Off-Season Top Ten Rankings
We’re back with more our infamous Top Ten rankings! That means we’ll be giving you our consolidated top ten for quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends. Each position also features a few bullet points that briefly touch upon our thoughts and comments on each position. These rankings were obviously compiled before the NFL league year rolls over and before we see what happens with free agency, the draft, and the occasional trade. Situations around the league fluctuate so much from year to year, so it’s definitely interesting to see how things play out from our pre-season rankings to the end of the season. We based our individual rankings on how we would draft the players at each position and from there we grabbed the average and used that to come up with our consensus ranks. We all came up with these rankings on our own and then compiled them, so there was no cross contamination. The Gurus had an absolute blast reviewing and discussing these rankings with each other on our Trophy Time Podcast, which you can listen to by clicking here…Trophy Time Podcast – Ep. 46 – The Never Too Early Top 10 Rankings.
- [wpsm_comparison_table id=”1″ class=””]
- [wpsm_comparison_table id=”4″ class=””]
- [wpsm_comparison_table id=”5″ class=””]
- [wpsm_comparison_table id=”6″ class=””]
- Quarterback was pretty straightforward across the board, especially with the top five
- It will be interesting to see how Dak Prescott performs in his sophomore season, and if he can maintain fantasy relevance
- Will Kirk Cousins re-sign? Will he end up somewhere else? Will he revert to his 2015 self this year?
- Bell, Zeke, and DJ are the consensus top three this year overall, you can’t go wrong with any of them
- Doug was the lowest of us all on Le’Veon Bell, is he a bit hesitant because of the possibility of another weed slip-up?
- Can Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, and Jordan Howard all build off their successes in 2016? Buyer beware for a handful of running backs this year
- Will AP be able to crack the top ten by the end of the year?
- Has Odell finally taken over the number one reign from Antonio Brown? Can’t go wrong with either guy this year
- Wide receiver is looking extremely deep again this year with the likes of Dez Bryant and Amari Cooper sitting comfortably at 7 and 10, respectively.
- Can Jordy Nelson continue to dominate with Aaron Rodgers, or will father time have something to say about that this year?
- Somehow DeAndre Hopkins and Allen Robinson both find themselves on the outside looking in, after being at the top of these rankings last year
- With such scarcity at the position, it’s not surprising that we have such similarities across our rankings
- Travis Kelce appears to have finally made that leap into top-end tight end territory
- Can Tyler Eifert stay healthy and become the red zone threat that we remember from a few years ago?
And that does it for our rankings. Please drop a comment or tweet us with your comments, thoughts, reactions, etc. and let us know what you think. You can find us on Twitter at @TFFGurus, @DaFantasyFather, @TheFantasyBoys, and @DecoyLife. Also, make sure to check us out on Facebook, @The Fantasy Football Gurus. We want to know what you guys think. Subscribe to the Trophy Time podcast so you can stay up to date with our conversations, hilarity, and constant ball busting. Boom!