Week 13 Waiver Wire
By Josh Trotta
Well it all comes down to this week! Week 13 marks the end of most regular seasons across the fantasy landscape and some of you might need to win to get in (I know I do in one of my leagues)! It’s time to buckle up your chin straps, do the research, find that diamond in the rough and make the playoffs! We are here to help so let’s get right to the big waiver wire grabs for week 13!! Best of luck to everyone this week, unless they are playing you the reader. In that case I hope they don’t read our articles and lose because we only want to help you win!
Like always, we will rank three players at each position in order of who we think you should try and grab first. Look at the position you need the most help in and best of luck getting your player!
- Ryan Fitzpatrick – The bearded one (recently trimmed) was on fire last weekend throwing 4 touchdowns! This week the Jets are on the road even though they are playing at home…My brain hurts. Look for Fitz to carve up the worst passing defense in the NFL at home but on the road.
- Brock Osweiler – He beat our beloved New England Patriots in a wacky one on Sunday and he made some NFL caliber throws in the process. I think his confidence is at an all time high and after playing the patriots, the Chargers defense should be a piece of cake to carve up. Really like tall man to have a big game in sunny Saint Diago!
- Matt Hasselbeck – The ageless one (I promise that is it for awesome nicknames) just keeps pulling wins out of his wrinkly ass but is now causing some ripples in the fantasy world as well. Up next is Pittsburgh who just had Wilson shred them to pieces. Look for Hasselbeck to have a solid game.
- David Johnson – Andre Ellington is down with turf toe and Chris Johnson was just placed on the IR/return. That means next man up and that’s David Johnson, the explosive rookie who when given the opportunties has not disappointed. This is our #1 waiver wire pickup of the week and should be owned in every league after tomorrow or Thursday morning.
- Alfred Morris – Back from the depth chart grave, Morris reclaimed the starting job Sunday with a big performance over the G Men which gave the Redskins sole possession of first place in the NFC East. Look for Morris to continue to eat up carries. Over the last three weeks he has had 40 carries out carrying Jones during that time. If you miss on Johnson try and hit on Morris for the playoff run!
- Shaun Draughn – Well I guess the 49ers are a real NFL team again and now fantasy players are starting to bloom out there. Draughn is a great plug n play option this week as he gets the Bears on the road. Draughn isn’t flashy but has been solid since Hyde got hurt, carrying the ball 43 times over the past three weeks. The bears can be run on, look at Eddie Lacy on Thanksgiving day and the Niners have been playing much better as of late. Great play if you miss on the two above.
- Doug Baldwin – Always mad Doug Baldwin was a beast on Sunday going off for 145 and 3 scores in a win over the Steelers. He does scare me because the Seahawks are very inconsistent throwing the ball well each week and he did all that on only 6 catches. Take that big catch & run away and his numbers are much more towards his average. That said he is the number 1 option on a playoff team. Not many of those guys sitting around in Week 13.
- DeVante Parker – A beast at Louisville, Parker finally was able to showcase his amazing talent that had him so highly scouted coming out of College. Parker saw a huge increase in time once Matthews went down with his rib injury and he didn’t disappoint either. Parker saw 10 targets, catching 4 for 80 and a touch. Parker is a legit NFL wide receiver with great size, speed and hands (at least in college). With Matthews now out for a few weeks with broken ribs, look for Parkers to step it up now that he has his chance.
- Devin Funchess – He was on everyone’s sleeper draft list coming into the year and man did he disappoint. Wow he was awful and was almost dropped in every league in the entire world. Now, he seems to have found something with QB Cam Newton and is now starting to see more and more targets. Carolina is red hot and come into week 13 the only undefeated team left in the NFL. Look for them to try and blow the doors off the Saints who have been awful against the pass.
- Scott Chandler – Patriots fans danced in the streets when they found out that Gronk only had a sprained knee and is now only week to week. This Sunday the pats face the struggling Eagles and reports have Gronk sitting out at least this game making Chandlers value skyrocket! Chandler is the #1 guy at least for a week and should be picked up by every Gronk owner, unless you have a better option on your bench.
- Vance McDonald – Vance has been on fire since they traded away Davis to Denver and has become the number one guy in San Fran. The 2nd Niner to be on our list, McDonald didn’t disappoint last week hauling in 6 of his 7 targets and scoring for the 2nd straight week in a row. Up next are the Bears who have been good against the TE this season but Gabbert & McDonald have something and I think it continues into Sunday at Soldier Field.
- Kyle Rudolph – It’s crazy to say it but the Seahawks are awful against TE’s this season. They are giving up the 4th most points to that position this season and have given up 7 touchdown’s to tight ends already. At home look for Bridgewater to look for Rudolph early and often especially in the redzone. The Seahawks will look to stop AP at all costs, so look for big plays after play action.
- Washington – The Redskins are in first place, at home, Dallas has a backup quarterback and the game is now in primetime! Look for Washington to have it’s best game of the season on both sides of the ball Monday night. I love the Skins defense this week to turnover Cassel and possibly get a defensive touchdown as well.
- Chicago – The 49ers have been playing well as of late but it’s still Blaine Gabbert under center there and at home after a big win against the Packers Thanksgiving night, look for the Bears to be flying to the ball Sunday afternoon. Might not be the best defense to pick up this week but they will get you a solid performance.
- Tennessee – Jacksonville is back up and this time it’s not the crappy Thursday night game of the week. The Titans have been good all year on defense and they get to face the Jaguars who are giving up the 6th most points to opposing defenses this season. The last time they played the Titans had 4 sacks, an INT and a fumble recovery.
- Cairo Santos – The dude just keeps on kicking filed goals each game and up next is Oakland. The Raiders are giving up the 2nd most kicker points on the season and the Chiefs are playing their best football of the year. Deadly combo this week for a good plug n play kicker option.
- Jason Myers – Just like Gano before him, Myers see’s our list again and the dude just keeps on putting up double digits. Myers has been tier 1 option all of November and the last time he played the Titans he got 13 points in standard leagues. Go get him for the stretch run!
- Chris Boswell – Boswell might not have been you or the Steelers first choice at kicker but since getting picked up by the Steelers, Boswell has been solid. He made all of his attempts last week in a very tough environment. This week he gets to come home to face the Colts who are middle of the pack against kickers. The kicker on the most explosive offense in the league is a great thing (Think Matt Prater 2013) and he should continue to get the opportunties. Let’s just hope he continues to make them.
Good luck this week! I want to wish each and everyone of you the best of luck as you chase down that final playoff spot, playoff bye or just want office bragging rights. Let us know how you did by tweeting us with the hashtag #guruwaiver. I will see you all next Tuesday! If you ever have any fantasy questions hit us up @or our friends at @dafantasyfather & @.