Week 2 Waiver Wire
By Josh Trotta
Week 1 of Fantasy is in the books and now comes the in season adjustments that week in and week out help make the difference as you look to make a championship run. Week 1 saw a lot of top drafted players fall flat on their faces (I’m looking at you Demarius and Peyton!) and others got hurt (Dez, TY and Ellington). Opening weekend is one of the best times of the year and moving forward till the new year we will have football every Sunday! Below is who we think you should be putting a waiver wire request in for this week. Weather it’s to weather an injury to a key player or bench someone who under performed these guys might be the difference between a win and a loss this week.
We will rank three guys at each position in order of who to grab first. Look at the position you need the most help in and best of luck getting your guy!
- Marcus Mariota – 4 TD’s enough said
- Carson Palmer – If he is there grab him! When healthy he puts up yards in chunks
- Alex Smith – Played Houston and he looked great while doing it. His new toy Maclin has us becoming believers in Smith
- Chris Johnson – God we hate to say it but CJ(Gets hit behind the line)K is going to get the bulk of carries while Ellington is out
- Darren Sproles – Looked explosive and was on the field for snaps when the game was on the line
- Benny Cunningham – Only a good pickup if Tre Mason is going to miss this week again. Put a waiver claim in and cancel it if Mason is cleared early in the week
- James Jones – Now in GB and back to just grabbing touchdowns! Very touchdown dependent but should see the targets to warrant the waiver claim
- Stevie Johnson – Finally in an offensive system that he can thrive in. Did work on a very good defense Sunday.
- Tavon Austin / Tyler Locket – Locket is available in more leagues then you would think. If return yards are counted in your league these two should be one two in your waiver claim order. St. Louis looks like they may have finally figured out how to use Austin and it could mean big things all season long.
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins – Jameis might have struggled but it was clear to see that his favorite target was his big TE. Hauling in 2 touchdown catches on Sunday doesn’t hurt the fantasy value either.
- Jordan Reed – 11 Targets! Unbelievable amount of opportunities to produce on Sunday. Should be a main target for Cousins all season long.
- Darren Fells – He is the main TE in Arizona and any time you have Carson Palmer throwing it around the field you have a shot at yards and touchdowns
- Denver – Took an INT to the house and sacked Flacco another 2 times
- Baltimore – Made Manning look like JaMarcus Russell, sacking him 4 times and taking an INT back to house
- San Francisco – Sacked Bridgewater 5 times!! SF might not be as bad as we all thought
- Brandon McManus – Made 2 50 yard kicks on Sunday and that offense will provide him plenty of opportunities
- Robbie Gould – The offense was able to move the ball on Sunday and should provide him a lot of looks
- Josh Brown – The Giants will look better as the season moves forward and has the leg to hit them from deep