2015 IDP DL Top 10 Rankings
By Doug Eddy
Here is the second part of our three part series for this years IDP rankings! Defensive linemen are not quite as important as linebackers but the right one can be a difference maker. Stock up on sacks and if you can find one that gets a lot of tackles then even better. Here is my top ten list and a sleeper to help you dominate draft day.
- J.J. Watt: No brainer. I would draft him before my bench offense all day.
- Robert Quinn: Started slow in 2014 but finished strong. 20 sack potential on a silly good defensive line.
- Chandler Jones: Book double digit sacks and tackle numbers for a DL.
- Everson Griffen: Great fit for Zimmers scheme’s. He will be put in positions to thrive on a young talented Minnesota D.
- Carlos Dunlap: Much like Jones he can pair solid sack numbers with great tackles. Having Atkins and Johnson back will only help.
- Mario Williams: Elite talent on an elite front seven with Rex Ryan? Sign me up!
- Jerry Hughes: See above minus the elite talent. This system is perfect for Hughes to post solid numbers yet again.
- Rob Ninkovich: You can book 8 to 10 sacks and 70 tackles every year. Under rated outside of New England every year.
- Ezekiel Ansah: third year break out alert! Only been playing football for a limited time but it is all coming together for Ansah on a good defense. We could be in store for a 15 sack season this year.
- Jurrell Casey: Under valued so you can get him at a discount. Lots of tackles and should rebound in sacks with the revamped Tennessee front seven.
- SLEEPER: Vinny Curry: Only played 350 snaps but made the best of it with sacks and forced fumbles. Free agent to be equals big year.