2015 Fantasy Rankings – Top 10 Kickers
By Josh Trotta
As the preseason winds down this week and fantasy drafts are at full bore this labor day weekend, we are down to just two more top ten lists to help give you all the information you need to win your league this year.
This year the extra point has been moved back to the 35 yard line and I have heard that league commissioners see as the NFL continues to de value the kicker position, that it is time to remove them from their leagues. Weather you agree or not, we still want to give you the ammunition to grab the best kicker you can since you have to start one each week if you want to win!
1. Stephen Gostkowski – Scores as much as a WR3 year in and year out. First Kicker off the board.
2. Steven Hauschka – Seattle can always move the ball giving him plenty of attempts and his long range ability makes him the second kicker to be taken slightly ahead of our third player.
3. Adam Vinatieri – The most accurate kicker in football and with that offense he will get plenty of opportunities to put up big numbers again this year.
4. Justin Tucker – Might have the strongest leg in the NFL and he routinely gets and makes his long distance opportunities. The offense has slipped a little since his record breaking 2013 season but he is still good to finish in the top 5.
5. Cody Parkey – Might be on the best offense in the league and should have no trouble moving the ball between the 20’s. Our pick to challenge Gostkowski for the #1 kicker spot this year.
6. Matt Bryant – When the Falcons are firing on all cylinders Bryant’s value is near the top. If the falcons can get back to their 2013 form watch out for Bryant to have a huge year.
7. Dan Bailey – The Cowboys should be a force all year long and will give Bailey plenty of changes to continue his stretch of unbelievable deep kick accuracy. Leading the NFL in 40+ & 50+ percentage last year.
8. Matt Prater – Averaged more field goal attempts last year then he did while with the Broncos in 2013 and this year he is suspension free. Look for Prater to have another solid year kicking.
9. Dan Carpenter – Now that Tyrod Taylor has been named the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills Carpenter’s value has risen. Looks like the Bills should be able to move the ball, giving Carpenter plenty of field goal chances. Only issue is the 8 games at home and the unpredictable weather Buffalo gets.
10. Brandon McManus – Starting kicker for the Denver Broncos, enough said! Should have a breakout year but don’t over reach for him.
I know a kicker list is not a hot link to click but be smart with your pick and remember to never over reach for one. NEVER take a kicker before the last round! There will be plenty of kickers available in that round and in FA for you to use to round out your team week in and week out.
Like always we hope you enjoyed our top ten list and please let us know what you think of it.
Happy drafting and good luck!!